
Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has stated that he will not take up the vacant position of Brazil’s national team coach. Speaking to journalists on Saturday after Real’s most recent match, Coach Ancelotti said he would respect his agreement with Real Madrid. The Brazilian Federation had previously attempted to recruit him. However, Ancelotti has not confirmed having such discussions through former Brazilian forward Ronaldo Nazário.
“No (when asked if he would accept Brazil’s coaching position). I’m under contract with Real. I have a close relationship with Brazil’s national team, Brazilian players, and clubs. I also consult with Ronaldo frequently. But I don’t remember discussing anything like that,” Ancelotti said. The Brazilian Federation began negotiations with Ancelotti a year and a half ago through Ronaldo, whom Ancelotti had coached at AC Milan. When Ronaldo ran for the presidency of the Brazilian Football Federation, the plan was to bring either Ancelotti or Pep Guardiola as the national coach. Ronaldo agreed to this. Ancelotti had also previously expressed interest in coaching Brazil’s national team. However, he renewed his contract with Real last year when corruption issues surfaced involving the current Brazilian Football Federation president, Ednaldo RodrÃguez.
Although he has not previously coached a national team, Ancelotti is one of the most successful coaches in club football. Ancelotti has also previously stated that after his job at Real, he would next be seen with a national team. Dorival Júnior was dismissed as Brazil’s coach last Thursday due to very poor results. Ancelotti is also among the three coaches shortlisted by the Brazilian Football Federation for the new coaching position.